JOB OPPORTUNITY / OFFRE D'EMPLOI
Position: Festival & Events Coordinator
Organization: Toronto Vegetarian Association
Location: Downtown, Toronto, Ontario
Position Overview: The Toronto Vegetarian Association (TVA) is seeking a Festival and Events coordinator looking to apply passion and experience towards a position with North America’s largest and most successful veg organizations.
Providing information and support for over 70 years, the Toronto Vegetarian Association is a volunteer-driven organization.
We are looking for an organized and ambitious self-starter to coordinate our Annual Veg Food Fest and other events in the calendar year, including the Vegan Bake Off, the Veg Spring Market, Veggielicious and the Veg Holiday Market.The Veg Food Fest is our flagship event, attracting 35,000-40,000 visitors over three days each September and is supported by over two hundred volunteers.
The Festival & Events Coordinator’s primary role is to oversee the financial, administrative, and logistical coordination of Toronto Vegetarian Association events; to assist with communications and marketing campaigns, and to identify and seek out sponsorship opportunities for TVA events and activities.
This role calls for accountability, efficiency, the ability to meet strict deadlines, collaborate with a small team, strategic problem solving, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Strong communication and relationship building skills are critical. Passion for celebrating vegetarian food and ideas in creative new ways is an asset. This is an extremely rewarding position that utilizes diverse skills and competencies and allows for great networking opportunities in the North American veg community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Top-line responsibilities of the Festival & Events Coordinator include:
1. Events Planning & Coordination:
- Develop critical paths, marketing plans, and budgets with the Director of Operations and execute projects accordingly.
- Develop marketing materials and lead communication with vendors, sponsors, and other potential supporting businesses and non-profit groups.
- Manage event logistics, coordinate exhibit space sales, engage in negotiation and dispute resolution with organizations.
- Establish effective communication strategies with external event venue partners.
- Creatively curate programming and communicate with local and international presenters for large-and small-scale events, 50+ hours for Veg Food Fest and 5+ hours for TVA markets.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and meet required quality standards.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project through effective survey design and implementation.
- Examine and streamline internal processes in the coordination of all TVA events, including the use of Client Relationship Management software to maintain lines of communications with vendors and sponsors.
- Complete an evaluation report after each event in collaboration with other staff members for submission and presentation to the board of directors.
2. Marketing, Social Media & Communications:
- Work with the TVA Marketing & Development Committee to develop strategies for achieving media relations, marketing and communications objectives for TVA events.
- Assist with the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of media relations, communications and marketing activities for all events.
- Develop marketing plans and design briefs for relevant event and organization partners.
- Understand and communicate marketing objectives for public relation clients and media partners.
- Oversee social media strategy for the TVA and VFF accounts by updating the content calendars and evaluating analytics on a quarterly basis to provide a progress report.
3. Sponsorship & Fund Development:
- Collaborate with senior staff to create a sponsorship development plan to increase revenues including development of corporate, community and individual prospects.
- Develop and manage timelines for sponsorship activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Maintain effective communication with all event sponsors to strengthen and build relationships with existing and potential sponsors.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively and efficiently with quick turnaround times for projects.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating projects and events; experience with trade shows and festivals an asset.
- Demonstrated success in sales and customer service.
- Demonstrated solid skills in teamwork and collaboration with various internal and external teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact and deal effectively with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage the planning and execution of all TVA events.
- Strong creative thinking and marketing skills for advertising and social media assets.
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, social media platforms, CRM software, and various applications to assist in the automation of the event coordination process.
- Ability to recruit, supervise and coordinate activities of summer Festival Assistants
- Follows a vegetarian diet (free of meat, fish and poultry or the flesh of any animal).
Demonstrated competence in the following:
- Organization: Setting priorities, developing a work schedule, monitoring progress towards goals, and tracking details/data/information/activities.
- Planning: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Communication: Speaking, listening and writing in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Problem solving: Assessing problem situations to identify causes, gathering and processing relevant information, generating possible solutions, and making recommendations and/or resolving the problem.
- Creativity/Innovation: Developing new and unique ways to improve processes and to create new opportunities.
- Building Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Leadership: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Works with: Donor & Volunteer Resources Coordinator
- Supported by: Festival Assistant (summer position)
- Workers supervised: May be required to supervise volunteers and/or workers hired for temporary assignments
- This is a full-time position starting in Mid-November 2018
- A performance review will be conducted after three months in the position
- This position requires some evening and weekend work, such as providing onsite support at special events and prior to the hosting of each event
- Annual compensation is $36,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits package, including health and dental insurance, professional development support, and matching RRSP contributions.
The Toronto Vegetarian Association welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants should submit their resume with cover letter to:
Denyse Mehta, Director of Operations, Toronto Vegetarian Association
17 Baldwin Street, 2nd floor, Toronto, ON M5T 1L1
email: denyse veg.ca*
Application Deadline: October, 19th, 2018
Please reference Job #18FETVA in the subject line of any email application.
Interviews will begin as early as suitable candidates are identified. The Toronto Vegetarian Association welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those invited to an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
For more information about the Toronto Vegetarian Association please explore veg.ca .
Lorsque vous enverrez votre candidature, merci d’indiquer que vous avez vu cette offre d’emploi sur le site GoodWork.ca.
*Remarque: Les adresses courriel ci-haut, ont été masquées pour réduire le pollupostage. Pour former correctement l'adresse courriel, vous n'avez qu'à joindre les deux portions séparées par un @.