JOB POSTING / OFFRE D'EMPLOI
Position: Ocean Wise Account Representative – Eastern Canada
Organization: Ocean Wise
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Overfishing and climate change are the two greatest threats facing our oceans today. As Canada’s leading national sustainable seafood program, Ocean Wise Seafood educates and informs consumers and businesses about the issues, and more importantly, the solutions to overfishing. Our team works directly with 700+ businesses — restaurants, markets, food services and suppliers — to ensure they have the most current scientific information available in order to make ocean-friendly buying decisions.
We are looking for a full-time Account Representative to join our eastern Canada Ocean Wise Seafood team operating out of our regional office at the Centre for Social Innovation in downtown Toronto.Reporting to the Ocean Wise Manager, the Ocean Wise Account Representative is responsible for growing the Ocean Wise seafood program in Eastern Canada by leading the strategy for partner growth, consumer awareness and be the leading voice of the Ocean Wise seafood program in the region.
You are a self-motivated “people-person” who wants to have a positive impact with the work that you do. You are passionate about ocean conservation, are able to listen effectively, ask good questions and work with businesses of all sorts to increase the availability of and demand for sustainable seafood in eastern Canada. You are comfortable guiding and advising businesses through step-by-step processes while developing strong, long-lasting relationships.
Your workday is dynamic. It consists of supporting partners through phone and in-person meetings, responding to emails, writing reports and working with other Ocean Wise Team members across the country to plan for and manage events and projects. You thrive in a fast paced environment, love facilitating discussions with groups of people and are drawn to working collaboratively in a team. You are motivated by helping people lead change, realize small wins and achieve results that safeguard our oceans for generations to come.
Ensures that the Ocean Wise seafood program has a leading voice in the sustainable seafood sector in Ontario and eastern Canada by:
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the sustainable seafood sector and the current issues facing it, from both the economic and ecological perspectives. Focus will be on the Ontario and Eastern Canadian markets;
- Working closely with seafood suppliers, national partners, and restaurant accounts to advise on their Ocean Wise seafood items and assist partners towards increasing their sourcing of Ocean Wise items;
- Actively contacting seafood organizations and industry representatives (food service, retail, and suppliers) not yet engaged with the Ocean Wise seafood program to introduce and convince them of the value of being/becoming an Ocean Wise seafood partner;
- Actively collaborating with the NGO community in Ontario and working to create strategic partnerships and collaboration opportunities with like-minded organizations locally;
- Creating appropriate connections throughout the seafood supply chain to facilitate the buying and selling of sustainable seafood options for all our partners from producer to restaurant/retailer, primarily in Ontario and Eastern Canada;
- Promoting the Ocean Wise seafood program through networking, events, media, and key partnerships while acting as key spokesperson for the program;
- Conducting partner training sessions and yearly reviews to identify needs and increase partnership value;
- Other duties as required to establish the Ocean Wise seafood program as a leading voice in sustainable seafood issues in Ontario and eastern Canada.
Create and execute the growth strategy for Ontario and Eastern Canada by:
- Managing key partnerships in Toronto, Ottawa, and Halifax, and work closely with the Ocean Wise Manager to build more presence in these markets;
- Acting as key point person for Ocean Wise Executive Chef in eastern market and assisting with scheduling of industry/consumer events and strategic partnerships
- Developing and executing an annual growth strategy for eastern Canada;
- Identifying local grants and work with grant writer to write proposals to meet growth goals and objectives of program expansion in eastern Canada;
- Maintaining and analyzing internal department metrics; identifying trends, risks, dependencies, providing recommendations and solutions and escalating issues and opportunities as needed.
Expanding the profile of the Ocean Wise Seafood Program though the coordination and successful execution of marketing and communication activities by:
- Identifying and proactively seeking media and public relations opportunities to expand the reach of the Ocean Wise brand;
- Ensuring consistency of messaging throughout all documents and communication to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintaining eastern presence in social media outreach through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.;
- Assisting with content creation and maintenance of website, iPhone app, etc.;
- Assisting program coordinator with the quarterly Ocean Wise e-newsletter
Representing Ocean Wise in Local Media, at Events and in the Community by:
- Representing Ocean Wise at various networking, community and partner events;
- Promoting Ocean Wise seafood program membership through effectively engaging the public at events and trade shows;
- Assisting with document creation, report writing, contact management, presentations and support material, as required for day-to-day operation of the Ocean Wise seafood program;
- Assisting with the planning and execution of the signature Ocean Wise events in Eastern Canada (Chowder Chowdown, industry workshops with Executive Chef).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Biology, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent diploma/certificate in conjunction with Business, Marketing or Sales degree and/or experience;
- 2 - 3 years experience in sales, marketing and/or business development;
- Good level of understanding of, and strong interest in, sustainable fisheries and aquaculture;
- Some knowledge of the seafood industry and/or food service in applicable market is an asset;
- CRM software (Salesforce) experience considered an asset;
- Basic ability to use Wordpress, CMS (Hootsuite) and email marketing (Mailchimp) platforms;Passion for ocean conservation and sustainable seafood.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills including public speaking and telephone manner;
- Positive and persuasive communication skills both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also in a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task with keen attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain business relationships and customer service-oriented attitude;
- Demonstrated ability to remain self-motivated at all times;
- Strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, and MS Outlook;
- Fluency in French is an asset; and
- Valid “G” Driver’s license.
- Standard office environment based in our satellite office in downtown Toronto;
- Some travelling may be required within Eastern Canada to attend various events;
- Flexible to work non-business hours (weekends, evenings, holidays).
Lorsque vous enverrez votre candidature, merci d’indiquer que vous avez vu cette offre d’emploi sur le site GoodWork.ca.