JOB POSTING / OFFRE D'EMPLOI
Position: Managing Director – Operations and Community & Corporate Relations
Organization: Tribune Bay Outdoor Education Society
Location: Comox Valley, Hornby Island BC (on-site accommodation — the Managing Director normally resides on Hornby Island during the work week, this is negotiable)
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Overall, the Managing Director is the lead advisor and implementer to the Tribune Bay Outdoor Education Society Board of Directors and the Boards of Education of School District 69 (Qualicum) and School District 71 (Comox Valley), who are the signatories of the BC Park Use Permit. The Managing Director is the lead administrator of the Tribune Bay Outdoor Education Centre and has oversight over the day-to-day operations and long-term strategic planning, viability and sustainability for the Centre.
The Managing Director provides administrative, philosophical and educational leadership as follows:
- Leadership and Programming
Staffing and Personnel
- Establish and maintain a collaborative culture among the leadership team – Managing Director, Business Manager, and Program Manager
- Oversee Educational content, Program implementation and new Program creation
- Lead Strategic and Curricular Collaborations with SD69 and SD71 staff, with School Districts external to the Park Use Permit, and with post-secondary partners
- Provide active and “on the ground” Program oversight
- Provide active leadership as a certified outdoor challenge leader
- Ensure a rigorous electronic archive is in place documenting every facet of the TBOEC’s operations
Marketing and Communications
- Ensure optimal hiring and supervision protocols for all staff positions are in place
- Ensure staff meet the needs of the centre and its clients
- Ensure professional growth protocols and support are in place
Finance and Budget
- Oversee all Strategic Planning, Public Relations and Marketing
- Actively promote TBOEC programs - locally, regionally and provincially
- Create and maintain Corporate, Community and Philanthropic Partnerships
- Work directly with Society Directors and the School District Governors
- Liaise and work with BC Parks staff regarding park-use permit implementation and development
- Oversee all financial and budgetary matters – centre, society and school districts
- Ensure fiduciary compliance with Federal, Provincial, and Local governmental requirements
- Ensure annual grants are applied for and donors are acquired in order to enhance and supplement program development, capital infrastructure and facilities maintenance
- Ensure Facilities and Resources are to standard and appropriate to program delivery
- Oversee Risk Management and Health & Safety requirements for staff, facilities, and participants
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS or ASSETS:
- A degree in Outdoor Education/Resort Management/Adventure Tourism OR accredited post-secondary achievement with recognized certification in a number of technical areas and with significant experience providing outdoor education leadership
- Post-secondary achievement and/or experience in Business and Marketing
- Post-secondary achievement and/or experience in Education
- Industry standard certificates that support the Centre’s program delivery
- Extensive experience working with and leading outdoor programs (residential setting preferred)
- Extensive experience supervising other staff and teaching/leading staff training.
- Extensive experience in a senior or management role.
- Proven experience collaborating with corporate, community and government entities
- Strong leadership, communication, flexibility and organization skills.
- Medical fitness and ability to do all assigned duties – there are strenuous work conditions and comfort is required in working “at heights”
- Up-to-date first aid/CPR certification
- A current Criminal Record Check (CRC)
- The Managing Director normally resides on Hornby Island during the work week and this is negotiable
- Access to the Centre is by ferry from Buckley Bay to Hornby Island
- The work schedule adapts to 7 day per week program delivery
- Hours of work often include evenings and occasional weekends.
- A competitive professional salary is offered in this unique market niche
- Benefits include:
- On-site accommodation
- Meals - when active programming delivery is underway
- Salaried benefit
- The society is open to negotiating priority deliverables and creating a part time offsite opportunity.
Application packages require a cover letter, resume, three professional references and proof of certifications and post-secondary education. SUBMIT as one package to: president tribunebayoutdoored.ca*
Pre-application queries are welcome and may be made to:
Lorsque vous enverrez votre candidature, merci d’indiquer que vous avez vu cette offre d’emploi sur le site GoodWork.ca.
*Remarque: Les adresses courriel ci-haut, ont été masquées pour réduire le pollupostage. Pour former correctement l'adresse courriel, vous n'avez qu'à joindre les deux portions séparées par un @.