Home | Job Postings | Board Positions
Position: Board of Directors
Type: board of directors position / unpaid
Organization: Promised Land Animal Sanctuary
Location: prefer Ontario or anywhere in Canada
Promised Land Sanctuary is a non-profit registered Canadian charity, dedicated to providing refuge and shelter to homeless, abandoned, older and unwanted animals in need. We offer tours and education on a compassionate lifestyle, to the public.
We are currently in the process of filling out our Board of Directors. If you have experience in working with non-profits, we'd like to hear from you.
Specific performance expectations are:
- Believe in and be an active advocate and ambassador for the values, mission and vision of the organization.
- Participation in group processes, e.g., meeting preparation and performance
- Act in a way that contributes to the effective operation of the Board – and work with fellow Board members and staff to assure that the Board and its committees function well.
- Focus on the good of the organization, independent of personal agenda, self-interest, or influence of others.
- Support the organization’s policies and procedures for conducting business.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work unless authorized otherwise.
- Support Board decisions once these are made.
- Help build a good corporate culture.
- Regularly attend Board and committee meetings - physically or virtually. Prepare for these meetings by reviewing materials and bringing any relevant question or discussions to the table at meetings.
- Use conversation as a core business practice, asking strategic questions and participating in dialogue.
- Be available to serve as a committee/task force chair or member. Be a prepared and active participant.
- Inform the Board of Directors of any potential conflicts of interest, whether real or perceived and abide by the decision of the Board related to the situation.
- Respect the authority of the chief executive officer and staff; and, adhere to the limitations of the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- Personal development
- Keep informed about the organization, its issues, and its connection to the community through active participation within the organization and outreach outside the organization.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to strengthen corporate governance and advance the organization’s effectiveness through learning. Participate in the appraisal of own performance and others, as called upon.
- Individual leadership acts outside board and committee meetings
- Promote a culture of philanthropy.
- Help support the charitable contributions operation of the organization. Specifically:
- Reach into diverse communities and help identify and cultivate relationships to support the organization as donors, volunteers, and advocates.
- Give an annual financial contribution to the best of personal ability. If the organization launches a special campaign, give to that, too.
- Participate in fund development by taking on various tasks tailored to your comfort and skills.
- As appropriate, use personal and professional contacts and expertise to benefit the organization, without compromising ethics or trespassing on relationships.
- Agree to step down from Board position if unable to fulfill these expectations.
If interested, apply to:
Lorsque vous enverrez votre candidature, merci d’indiquer que vous avez vu cette offre d’emploi sur le site GoodWork.ca.
Remarque: Cette publication est présentée telle quelle et à des fins d'informations générales seulement. People et Planet (aussi connu sous le nom de ''GoodWork")'') n'est pas responsable du contenu, de la précision, du délai de réponse, de l'exaustivité, de la légalité, de la fiabilité, de la qualité ou de la pertinence de cette publication. Nous n'évaluons pas ou n'approuvons pas les organisations ou individus concernés. Si vous décidez d'accepter une offre d'emploi, de bénévolat ou tout autre offre, vous le faites à vos propres risques et il est de votre responsabilité de prendre toutes les mesures requises pour vous protéger contre toute blessure, abus, non-paiement, ou toute autre perte. Veuillez lire en détail tous les termes et conditions.
Current status: Open/apply now.
Date publiée : Nov 18 2019
Numéro : 55200