JOB POSTING / OFFRE D'EMPLOI
Position: Sustainability Program Coordinator
Organization: eMERGE Guelph Sustainability
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Submissions must be received by 9:00am Friday September 21, 2018.
eMERGE Guelph helps residents save money by reducing their impact on the environment. It knows that 100% Renewable Energy (100RE) for the City of Guelph is not only possible, but imperative to achieve by 2050. Through individual and community action eMERGE highlights how smart behaviour and improved efficiency will build a road map to fight climate change.
Sustainability Program Coordinator
Our organization is searching for an environmentally motivated dynamic individual for the position of Sustainability Program Coordinator. They will lead the eMERGE Home Tune-Up program and coordinate events related to environmental sustainability. The candidate will be a self-starter that looks for exciting ways to build local support and action on 100RE and climate change.
- Home Tune-Ups
- Perform household evaluations and recommend strategies to improve energy and water efficiency that will save residents money while reducing their impact on the environment.
- Assists residents in understanding new technologies and long term billing impacts on energy demand and consumption.
- Assists public and partners with general inquiries in person, by email and by phone.
- Captures and analyses data to recommend program improvements.
- Keeps current on improvements and new technologies associated with household efficiencies and conservation.
- Compiles program reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Provides event planning and support for events, presentation and tabling opportunities.
- Works with a variety of organizational stakeholders to support internal and external events.
- Captures, track and expand relevant event metrics.
- Develops opportunities to engage new audiences in Guelph through events and presentation.
- General Responsibilities
- Manages multiple concurrent projects and successfully meets deadlines.
- Works both collaboratively and independently.
- Supports orientation, training and supervision of volunteers as required.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts strategy to meet changing market conditions.
- Supports development of marketing and outreach strategies, including social media, updating website, preparing press releases, etc.
- Prepares organizational partner, sponsor and grant proposals to secure funding.
- Degree or diploma in Environmental Studies, Environmental Sciences, Building Sciences, Sustainable Design, Business and Marketing, or related discipline and at least two years of experience working in the field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of 'house as a system' and the interrelationship of energy and water use and conservation. An ability to calculate and quantify cost and conservation impacts for such measures. A working knowledge of state of the art NetZero and PassiveHouse.
- Event planning experience and expertise
- Good understanding of marketing and outreach strategies, with a focus on community-based marketing techniques.
- Experience with social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Mailchimp, etc.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office, Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
- Available to work flexible hours with possibility of some weekend and evenings.
- Regular access to a vehicle and G-class drivers licence.
- Access to a laptop computer
Successful candidates will possess some or all of the following:
- A passion for sustainability; a knowledge of current affairs in the energy sector is a plus;
- Strongly self-motivated and ambitious;
- Team oriented player;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This is a 35-hour per week position. Occasional evening and weekend availability is essential. Pay rate is $20.00/hour.
Please submit by email only in the following manner:
- One pdf document using the following file naming protocol:
- The single pdf document must include all of the following:
- Cover letter
- Send the single file via email only to: email@example.com with ‘Program Coordinator’ in the subject line.
- Submissions must be received by 9:00am Friday September 21, 2018.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone inquiries please.
Lorsque vous enverrez votre candidature, merci d’indiquer que vous avez vu cette offre d’emploi sur le site GoodWork.ca.