JOB POSTING / OFFRE D'EMPLOI
Position: Energy Efficiency Program Coordinator
Organization: Municipal Climate Change Action Centre
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Reporting to a Program Lead in the Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC), the Project Coordinator supports a Program Lead to ensure that the evaluation, implementation and verification of MCCAC climate change mitigation and energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
The MCCAC operates as a partnership between Alberta Environment and Parks, Alberta Municipal Affairs, Energy Efficiency Alberta, Rural Municipalities Alberta (RMA) and the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA) to help municipalities take action on climate change. As trustee of the grant, AUMA serves as the employer of the MCCAC.
On behalf of funding partners, the MCCAC administers a suite of climate change mitigation programs. MCCAC provides participants with technical assistance and grant funding to help communities across Alberta reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
Current up to June 2023, and may extend further
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Bachelor of Public Administration (with environmental focus), Business Administration, Alternative Energy Technology Diploma or other closely related field
- 2+ years of experience[MB2] working with concepts energy efficiency, renewable energy, environmental management systems, climate change initiatives or similar (any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job will be considered).
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation or working towards the completion of the designation would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the Alberta Climate Leadership Plan as well as local, provincial and federal programs related to energy efficiency.
- Knowledge of climate change and sources of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Technical knowledge of renewable/alternative energy technologies and energy efficiency equipment, as well as relevant economic analysis instruments.
- Ability to relate technical and program information to program participants with varying levels of energy efficiency expertise in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Ability to utilize spreadsheets, databases, and similar methods to maintain and report metrics.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Suite).
- Outstanding analytical, writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently, take direction and complete projects without constant oversight.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license.
Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and respond to program participant needs and to develop effective partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills to handle multiple priorities and various program projects.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, set priorities and make decisions in a fast paced and complex working environment.
- Ability to foster relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external, individually and as part of a team.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource.
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and build strong professional relationships over the phone, email and in-person.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities.
- Developing relationships with program participants, and program partners to identify and address their needs and remove barriers to participation.
- Applying industry and academic knowledge and consulting skills to the implementation of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects and MCCAC programs.
- Assist with execution of funding applications and agreements including expressions of interest, kick-off, modification, monitoring, close-out and reporting processes.
- Assisting with ensuring maintenance of accurate and complete grant and contract records in electronic and paper formats.
- Assisting with fielding inquiries and answering requests for information about program requirements.
- Collecting, recording and maintaining documentation associated with soliciting participants, implementing projects, reporting on project results and close-out procedures.
- Review of project application forms and other information materials to ascertain compliance with program policies and procedures.
- Alert the Team Lead of risks to project timelines.
- Reviewing technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects.
- Regular communications and collaboration with MCCAC team members.
- Interface with customers and contractors participating in MCCAC programs.
- Preparing paperwork for program incentive payments per established policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of outreach and education programs.
- Assisting in flagging and implementing program improvements.
- Supporting quality assurance and verification of all program outcomes and reports.
- Maintaining records, analyzing data, and producing status reports.
- Administering funding agreements and the disbursement of funds
- Assisting the Program Lead with other tasks related to program management as necessary.
- Occasional travel throughout Alberta will be required.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with cover letter to Jeff Simpson, Senior Director, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Lorsque vous enverrez votre candidature, merci d’indiquer que vous avez vu cette offre d’emploi sur le site GoodWork.ca.