JOB POSTING / OFFRE D'EMPLOI
Position: Energy Efficiency Outreach Coordinator
Organization: Municipal Climate Change Action Centre
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
The MCCAC operates as a partnership between Alberta Environment and Parks, Alberta Municipal Affairs, Energy Efficiency Alberta, Rural Municipalities Alberta (RMA) and the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association (AUMA) to help municipalities take action on climate change. As trustee of the grant, AUMA serves as the employer of the MCCAC.
On behalf of funding partners, the MCCAC administers a suite of climate change mitigation programs. MCCAC provides participants with technical assistance and grant funding to help communities across Alberta reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
Reporting to the Director of the MCCAC, the Outreach Coordinator is an energetic climate change advocate responsible for working in collaboration with Program Leads to craft, review and deliver outreach initiatives that increase interest and engagement in MCCAC programs across Alberta. The incumbent will possess strong outreach skills, knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies, and an understanding of the energy, environmental and economic landscape in Alberta. The Outreach Coordinator may also backstop MCCAC programs by assisting Program Leads to ensure that the evaluation, implementation and verification of MCCAC climate mitigation and energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
Current up to June 2023, and may extend further
Education and Skills
- Post-secondary education in communications, journalism, environmental education, marketing and communications and/or other closely related field.
- 2+ years of experience working with concepts energy efficiency, renewable energy, environmental management systems, climate change initiatives or similar (any combination of related education, experience, certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate successfully performing the essential functions of the job will be considered).
- 2 - 5 years of experience implementing outreach and communications strategies in the energy efficiency sector, or a related field is preferred.
- In-depth familiarity with the Alberta Climate Leadership Plan and the interconnected mandate of related ministries and agencies.
- Savvy with social media ads/marketing digital strategies (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with principles of program planning, development implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of target audience and how to effectively engage multiple levels of decision making within a municipality.
- Knowledge of existing MCCAC programs as well as other local, provincial and federal programs related to energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- Outstanding writing, public speaking and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to develop persuasive outreach tools including articles, press releases and advertisements that increase knowledge of MCCAC programs and brand awareness.
- Proficiency in multimedia marketing tools including Web, web-based tools, social media, integration of interactive media into marketing plans, project research and analysis.
- Ability to relate technical and program information to program participants with varying levels of energy efficiency expertise in a clear and easily understood manner.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to utilize spreadsheets, databases, and similar methods to maintain and report metrics.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Suite) and design software including In Design and Photoshop.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work independently, take direction and complete projects without constant oversight.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license.
Skills and Attributes
- Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to mentor and inspire team members.
- Strong project management skills to handle multiple priorities and various program projects.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, set priorities and make decisions in a fast paced and complex working environment.
- Ability to foster relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external, individually and as part of a team.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource.
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with coworkers and build strong professional relationships over the phone, email and in-person.
- Design and execute an established outreach plan for the MCCAC and communicate a consistent MCCAC brand and message.
- Coordinate workshops, events and various creative marketing, education and outreach tasks that inspire awareness of and participation in MCCAC’s programs in cities, towns, summer villages, regional districts and counties, and schools across Alberta.
- Increase awareness and participation in the MCCAC programs by approaching potential participants, delivering pitches, and discussing program benefits.
- Identify outreach and promotional opportunities through environmental scans, needs assessments and relationships with municipalities.
- Manage and track leads and opportunities.
- Develop and report on key outreach performance measures (e.g. awareness, understanding, attitudes, and participation rates).
- Participate and present MCCAC program information and benefits of participating at events, webinars, conferences, trade shows, workshops and meetings of relevant organizations (working on evenings and weekends may be required).
- Ensure MCCAC allies have the correct information and marketing materials to promote the energy efficiency incentives.
- Liaise with AUMA and RMA staff to coordinate efforts and expand outreach services.
- Provide clarity to Alberta municipalities and schools on the vast market of available renewable energy and energy efficiency programs available across numerous government agencies and departments
- Draft and create content for: web site, social media, marketing collateral, presentation slide decks, speeches, talking points, fact sheets, articles, program guidebooks, success stories, newsletters, advertisements, surveys, etc.
- Seek opportunities to share / profile content with MCCAC allies.
- Coordinating the development and management of program branding.
- Conducting education and outreach, including organizing events, workshops, webinars and facilitating engagement.
- Support MCCAC staff by serving as the point of contact for outreach, general communications and public information requests and assisting with MCCAC program implementation, project tracking and reporting.
- Drafting, compiling, editing, and executing communiqués, letters, briefing notes, requests for decision, presentations, reports, and other communications and information as required.
- Frequent travel throughout Alberta will be required.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume with cover letter to Jeff Simpson, Senior Director, Human Resources at email@example.com .
Lorsque vous enverrez votre candidature, merci d’indiquer que vous avez vu cette offre d’emploi sur le site GoodWork.ca.