JOB POSTING / OFFRE D'EMPLOI
Position: Youth Leadership Specialist
Organization: Canadian Wildlife Federation
Location: anywhere in Canada, with travel in Canada
As one of Canada’s largest not for profit leaders in wildlife conservation, research, and advocacy, we are seeking to fill the following position…
Youth Leadership Specialist
Supporting the Manager, the Youth Leadership Specialist will:
- Ensure that participants are prepared for full participation in programs.
- Coordinate a network of partner organizations supporting the program across Canada. Each partner will plan and facilitate their program, with support from a Program Specialist.
- Assist with the recruitment of Youth & Young Adults wishing to participate in the program. Ensure that program participants assigned to them are connected with CWF’s programming and programming connected with other program partners.
- Extensive experience in the development and oversight of experiential education programming for 15 to 30 year olds.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- First aid or similar – Standard first aid or higher
- Recruiting program participants to reflect Canada’s diversity and helping to prepare them for the Program.
- They oversee the development and maintenance of relationships with key sector partners.
- It is their responsibility to ensure facilities and venues for programs and participant housing are appropriate.
- They will supervise program participants assigned to them
- Ensuring that all CWF and partner policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Facilitating, monitoring, anticipating problems and tracking results of the planning progress and delivery of the program by each coalition of host partners
- coordinating ‘to do’ lists, identifying conflicts and complementarities among multiple partners
- managing contact coordinates, maintaining good lines of communications
- convening meetings (in person and remote), documenting and tracking action items
- Travelling to assigned programs for on-site support and facilitation of delivery by host partners
- could include assisting with on-site media relations
- could include assisting educators/specialists to deliver programming
- Co-creating program material and resources
- soliciting and reviewing best practices for partner organizations and programming, packaging such material into a resource for program partners
- working with design and communications staff
- monitoring production timelines
- Contributing as a member of a youth service community of practice, including face to face meetings across Canada.
- Writing internal memos, updates, assisting with results reports, preparing information spreadsheets
- Supporting website and social media content: tracking supply of items, updates, working with CWF web design & social media teams
- Supporting the Communications & Marketing Plan
- Tracking travel arrangements, logging budget items and results measurable, managing related spreadsheets
- Other Duties as assigned
Specific Work Activities
- Represent the best of CWF brand including the wearing of corporate dress as required.
- Active participation and contribution to specific event and program planning committees
- Manage, maintain and evaluate programs.
- Daily communication with CWF staff and partners.
- Monitor staff and partner performance to ensure that risk management procedures are being followed.
- Purchase supplies or services from outside vendors, such as educational products and services with approval from education management.
- Collect record and reconcile program income and expenditures.
- Review programs on a regular basis to gather information and monitor effectiveness
- Communicate with Supervisor, Education Team and CWF colleagues
- General oversight of best practice and industry trends in youth engagement
- Contribute to ongoing training and development for CWF Education Team
- Flexible schedule, including ability to travel to both rural and urban areas throughout Canada, and work nights and weekends when needed to achieve positive objectives
- Employee must have a driver’s license and access to a vehicle and on field trips, must be legally able to rent a vehicle.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and under direct supervision.
- Be able to work from CWF Head Office, the community, and home as required.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and highly professional.
- People-oriented, having the ability to work well with volunteers, community and business leaders, and representatives of other organizations while being culturally competent.
- Usually work a 37.5 hour week. During off hours, the Youth Leadership Specialist can be called for emergencies or problems.
- This position requires a Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search clear of convictions.
- This position is a contract position with a March 31, 2020 end date.
Physical Demands – Moderate
Job Hazard – Moderate due to travel
Mental Stress – Moderate
Human Relation Skills – Influential
Independent Working – Broad
Impact on End Results - Primary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 1, 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
Cover letter and resume should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please quote position title that you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Only the candidates who meet the qualifications and experience for the position will be contacted for an interview. We thank you for your interest in the Canadian Wildlife Federation.
AODA Statement for Offer of Employment
Canadian Wildlife Federation “CWF” is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights of its employees. In support of this aim, CWF has implemented an accommodation process that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. CWF will accommodate employees with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship.
The accommodation supports available to employees are laid out in our Accommodation Policy. If your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Offer of Employment necessitates a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact the Human Resources Department. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place before you begin your employment. Do not hesitate to reach out to the Human Resources Department if you require an accommodation related to a disability or a medical condition at any point during your employment with CWF.
Lorsque vous enverrez votre candidature, merci d’indiquer que vous avez vu cette offre d’emploi sur le site GoodWork.ca.